JAC High School Surabaya Universities Visit
A key part of deciding which college to go to is finding a good fit. And a great way to get more information is to visit the colleges in person. A campus visit is students’ opportunity to get a firsthand view of a college. To really get a feel for the college, they need to walk around the quad, sit in on a class and visit the dorms. A visit also gives them the chance to talk to students, faculty, and financial aid and admission officers. They can get answers to important questions, including:
– What is the average class size and the student-to-faculty ratio? Are most classes taught by professors or by teaching assistants?
– What is the makeup of the current freshman class? Is the campus fairly diverse?
– What’s the social scene like? What kinds of activities are available?
– Is there plenty of dorm space or is there a housing crunch?
– How many students are commuters and how many are campus residents?
Grade 10 and 11 with total 29 students spending 7 days trip exploring famous universities and colleges around Surabaya, with schedule as follows:
21st October 2017 to Raffles College Surabaya
30th October 2017 to Universitas Kristen PETRA Surabaya
31st October 2017 to Universitas Surabaya (UBAYA) and Universitas Ciputra (UC)
1st November 2017 to Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) and Universitas Airlangga (UNAIR)
2nd November 2017 to Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala (UKWM)
3rd November 2017 to Universitas Pelita Harapan Surabaya (UPH) and Lasalle College
6th November 2017 to Universitas Negeri Surabaya (UNESA)
For additional, Griffith College Ireland representated by MEC also came to JAC School to give overview about studying abroad esp to Ireland. They visited us on October 24, 2017.